2022 Citizens Police Academy
Wednesdays, March 16-May 25
South Holland Community Center – 501 E 170th St
The Citizens Police Academy is an 11-week program that aims to enhance communication between the police and the community, as well as allow residents and business owners to learn the inner workings of the South Holland Police Department.
Participants get a better understanding of the challenges that the police department faces and the steps police take to ensure the safety of the community. Participants will see how police equipment works and then have the opportunity to use the equipment.
The Citizens Police Academy is taught by South Holland police officers in an interactive classroom setting.
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must NOT have any felonies or misdemeanors above a class C
• Must have a valid ID
• Must pass a background check
• Must live or work within the Village of South Holland
• Complete application and return to the SHPD.
• Qualified applicants will be notified the status of their application via email or phone number provided on the application.
• SHPD reserves the right to deny an application.
Applications are now available 24 hours a day at the Police Department, 16330 South Park Avenue. There is no charge for enrollment.