South Holland Fire Department first annual Citizens Fire Academy!
The Citizens Fire Academy is a ten week class that meets each Thursday evening from August 6 through graduation at the South Holland Fire Department’s Open House on October 3.
The Citizens Fire Academy is an opportunity for our residents to get an inside look at the work and training South Holland Firefighters perform on a daily basis. “We are excited to offer a program that will engage our residents through an educational and fun manner,” said Fire Chief Brian Kolosh. “Our mission is to serve the community, and through this initiative, our residents will better understand what it takes to provide the highest quality of EMS and fire protection available to them.”
Classes are held at Fire Station 1
16230 Wausau Avenue
Thursday evenings from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
August 6 – October 3
- Emergency Medical Systems (EMS) – EMT versus Paramedic – what’s the difference?
- CPR and First Aid – How can you help us, to help you?
- Fire Suppression and Tactics – Put the wet stuff on the red stuff!!
- Public Education and Fire Prevention – From Smokey the Bear to Remembering When? Fire Prevention Campaigns for the community.
- Specialty Teams – Hazardous Materials, Water Rescue, and Building Collapse – Putting out fires is not our only job!
- Medical Helicopter landings and extinguishing live fires just to add some excitement to our program!