16230 Wausau Avenue
South Holland, IL 60473
We encourage you to
call with your questions.
We perform hydrant inspections on a regular basis to ensure that they are operating properly, free of obstructions and visible from the roadway.
If a hydrant fails our inspection, an out-of-service ring is placed on the hydrant indicating that it is out of service and awaiting repair.
Immediately following a flow test you may notice a small amount of brown water when you open your faucet. This is harmless and will disappear quickly.
Hydrant outlets are oriented properly and have sufficient ground clearance. Hydrant free of obstructions, such as sign posts, utility poles, fences and any other landscaping items. A 36” clearance must be maintained around the hydrant.
1. The hydrant operates properly, opening and closing freely.
2. The hydrant drain system works properly.
3. All hydrant caps are working properly free of rust and lubricated if needed.
4. No leaks from bonnet, stem, inserts or drain system.
5. Grass, brush and weeds cut from around hydrant to maintain working clearance and visibility.
Landscaping and Mechanical problems with hydrants are reported to the South Holland Public Works Department for repair.