16240 Wausau Avenue
South Holland, IL 60473
Email: buildingandcode @southholland.org
We encourage you to
call with your questions.
Strong building codes, efficient documentation system, and stringent but fair enforcement of these codes make the Planning and Development Department one of the best in the State, as demonstrated by the Village of South Holland when they were rated Class 4 by the Insurance Services Office, Inc (ISO).
International Building Code, including the following:
- International Fire Protection Code (2006)
- International Residential Code (2012) Including Appendices E, F, G, H, J, K, M, O, Q
- International Existing Building Code (2012)
- International Mechanical Code (2012) Including Appendix A
- International Fuel Gas Code (2012) Including Appendices A, B, C, D
- International Energy Code (2012)
- International Property Maintenance Code (2012)
- International Building Code: (2012) Appendices E, F, G, I, J
- International Code Council Performance Code: (2012) Appendices A, B, C, D, E
- International Wildland-Urban interface Code (2012)
- International Private Sewage Disposal Code (2012)
Are you doing your own work or has your contractor asked you to obtain a building permit?
If a contractor has asked you to get the permit listing you, the homeowner, as the contractor, you should be aware of the following:
If you have a contractor, they may be attempting to absolve themselves from liability and responsibility for the quality and workmanship of the work performed.
Your contractor might not be licensed with the Village of South Holland.
It is NOT cheaper for a homeowner to obtain a building permit.
The time frame for processing a permit application is the same for homeowners as it is for contractors.
You will be held to the same standards and same inspection schedule as a contractor.
The Village of South Holland will not be able to help you resolve any disputes or problems with unlicensed contractors or their work.
YOU will be responsible for correcting any deficiencies in the work performed.
It is a code violation to falsify information on permit applications
For more information on the permit process, contact the Planning & Development Office at 708-210-2915.