Entry Level Police Officer
- Be a United States Citizen
- 21 years of age and no more than 35 years of age at time of application
- High School diploma or GED
- 30 credit hours of College from an accredited university
- Speak, read, and write the English language fluently
- Be able to pass written examination, essay examination, power test, oral interviews (2), background investigation, psychological & polygraph examinations and a medical examination
- 20/70 binocular vision correctable to 20/20 and not be color blind
- Obtain medical release to participate in Power Test
- Successfully pass training academy and probationary period
- Be of high moral standards and personal integrity and habits based upon contemporary Village standards, as determined by the Police Department
- Ce free of any felony convictions, or misdemeanor criminal convictions as specified in Chapter 24, Section 10-1-7 of the Illinois Revised Statues
- Furnish copies of birth certificate, high school diploma or GED, college transcripts, Military Service Record & discharge papers, social security card, valid drivers license and background release
- Applicants are required, and must notify the Chief of Police in writing of any change to his or her address and or phone number. Failure to do so may result in the department not being able to contact you to move forward in the hiring process and will result in being removed from the eligibility list. Telephone calls of changes will not be accepted.
- Must be able to comply with contractually agreed upon residency requirement
If you are interested in applying for the position of Entry Level Police Officer, please fill out the form below.