Citizens Fire Academy
The Citizens Fire Academy is a ten week class that meets on Thursday evenings, and concludes with a graduation.
The Citizens Fire Academy is an opportunity for our residents to get an inside look at the work and training our South Holland Firefighters perform on a daily basis. “We are excited to offer a program that will engage our residents through an educational and fun manner,” said Fire Chief Brian Kolosh, “our mission is to serve the community, and through this initiative, our residents will better understand what it takes to provide the highest quality of EMS and fire protection available to them.”
The Citizens Fire Academy is limited to 20 students, so we encourage those interested to apply using the Registration Form below or visit the fire station soon.
Topics will include:
- Emergency Medical Systems (EMS) – EMT versus Paramedic – what’s the difference?
- CPR and First Aid – How can you help us, to help you?
- Fire Suppression and Tactics – Put the wet stuff on the red stuff!!
- Public Education and Fire Prevention – From Smokey the Bear to Remembering When? Fire Prevention Campaigns for the community.
- Specialty Teams – Hazardous Materials, Water Rescue, and Building Collapse – Putting out fires is not our only job!
- Medical Helicopter landings and extinguishing live fires just to add some excitement to our program!