Join E.S.D.A / Personnel
If you would like to become one of the proud volunteers who make up the South Holland E.S.D.A.:
First: Pick up an E.S.D.A application from South Holland Village Hall at 16226 Wausau Avenue.
Second: Sign the enclosed background authorization form in the application and bring the completely filled out application to the South Holland Police Department (or Village Hall) for Deputy Chief Jim Tavernaro.
Third: In a few weeks, you will be contacted by Deputy Chief Jim Tavernaro with the results of your background investigation.
Finally: Now you are ready to become a member.
To be a member, you must:
- Be in good health and have a valid drivers license with a clear driving record.
- Have a clear criminal record and be a good person.
- Be willing to volunteer your time to assist the Village of South Holland and respond to “CALLS for assistance needed” Assistance calls can come at all hours of the day or night. (Exceptions to this rule are made for persons who cannot leave work or school.)
- Be able to attend monthly E.S.D.A. meetings, which are the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm; and be available for E.S.D.A. training.
- Members are also expected to serve as the extra eyes and ears of the Police Department through routine Village patrols.
Who are the members of E.S.D.A.?
- E.S.D.A. members are both men and women.
- People from all walks of life and professions are members of the South Holland E.S.D.A.
- Here are just some samples of E.S.D.A. members: we are teachers, truck drivers, secretaries, office workers, factory workers, security guards, engineers, retired persons, self-employed persons, college students, and community-spirited dedicated people.
If you have any other specific questions, please contact Deputy Chief Jim Tavernaro at 708-331-3131
Jim Tavernaro, Director
Ralph Turner, Deputy Director
Mark Van Kley, Lieutenant
Jesse Moore, Sergeant
Jamieson Clay, Officer
Mike Costello, Officer
Flor Correa, Officer
Jerry Evans, Officer
Kimberly Joy Harris, Officer
Brenda Joyce Hurst, Officer
John R Krilich, Officer
Raymond Malenki, Officer
Jim Meincke, Officer
David Meseberg, Officer
Neil Ven Huizen, Officer
Barry Voss, Officer
Catherine Webb, Officer
James Whittley, Officer
Gregory Williams, Officer